- What type of mechanical handling equipment is required?
- Will it be fit for purpose?
- Will it provide the lifespan required?
- Will it conform to standards & statutory legislation to prevent post-installation issues?
- How do we accurately compare competing tenders?
- Are all contractors quoting for the same elements and the same value added?
Finally, from experience we know that occasionally a contractor’s desire to present the best price, and their bid in a more favourable light, can sometimes lead to the exclusion of minor, but often crucial elements. Overlooking these shortfalls early on can result in increased costs during and/or after installation.
Make sure you avoid these scenarios by using the expertise of LECS (UK) engineers to objectively advise on the best course of action to meet your next installation requirements. Also consider whether a new installation is necessary? Would a Modernisation programme be worth considering instead?